Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Tuesday, July 22

Hello Family and Friends,
My time in San Francisco has been wonderful and I thank all those who helped me come onto this trip. When we arrived, we headed down to pier 39 and Fisherman’s Wharf for some touring and to sample the delicacies that San Francisco had to offer. Some of us went to a bread restaurant for some delicious bread bowls and sandwiches while others went on to try out the sea food the tourist trap had to offer. After that we headed to the Youthworks housing area and found ourselves in a cozy gymnasium of which the majority of us sleep in.
            I think the group that is here can agree that the service events that we attended have not only impacted us, but also the people that we have helped also. While some of us went off to package food and deliver it to the homeless, some of us were more fortunate to be assigned to a less strenuous activity. I, for one, was sent to help out at the Tenderloins Boys and Girls Club along with Camryn, Sara, Reagan, Eli, and Dayton. We spent the majority of the days playing with kids and both entertaining them and them entertaining us. While I tried to avoid personal connections with most of the kids, they still found a way to get to me and bring me to the brink of tears on our day of departure. Fortunately, leaving the Boys and Girls Club opened up a new opportunity to help others at the San Francisco Food Bank.
            I appreciate the moments that have made this trip so far. From meeting new people from various churches to helping kids understand their reading more, the experiences that I have received have been a blessing to me. I am very thankful for what God has gifted upon me and I am glad that I chose to come on this trip. - Nathan Ruano

The girls working at an Elderly Center

Carissa and Elizabeth cleaning up.

Roxanne group along with some new friends.

Elizabeth at the Elderly Center

No comments:

Post a Comment