Monday, July 21, 2014

Monday, July 21

Friends and family,
After not getting a lot of sleep last night I woke up at 5:50 to get ready for the day. We had a good breakfast including my favorite cereal, shredded wheat. My group consists of Roxanne, Elizabeth, Carissa and Robyn and it is pretty awesome just saying and shout out to Roxy for dealing with us and joining in on the fun as we are dancing and singing in the car. We left the church we are staying at at 7:45 and headed across the bridge to the San Francisco food bank. I am the navigator for my group and I am loving it J. At the food bank we sorted cans and packaged them to be sent off. We also separated pears. Then we went and to showers in speed time in freezing cold water. We rushed out right after so that my group could help prep for dinner, it was so much fun. I even lead prayer before we all at which for everyone who knows me is surprising since I am not big on talking infront of group. Tacos were for dinner and I put nacho cheese on top of mine which was extremely good. After that we went to the beach and I went into the water and was frozen afterword. We came back and had club and devotion which was super fun, we even sang some songs I know by heart from singing them at the San Marcos Campus. I am really loving being here and hanging out with my  youth group and new people.  I have made some new friends that I plan on keeping in touch with after we all leave here. I love and miss my friends and family but can’t wait to show them pictures and tell stories from my trip.

  -Kirsten Bigalk

PS - Sorry no pics tonight.  Kirsten's group didn't take any pics from their time at the San Fran Food Band and Jim's group at the Boys and Girls Club can't take pictures.  We did take a couple at the beach but they were on cell phones.  Check some Facebook posts.  The group is tired but all healthy.  Thanks for all the prayers.  They are being felt - Jim


1 comment:

  1. Glad you are having a great trip! I am looking forward to your posts.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete